Family forced to flee house after blaze

0
Have your say

A FAMILY had a lucky escape after a fire broke out at their Monkseaton home.

Two crews from Tynemouth fire station were called out to the semi-detached house in Valley Gardens at 2am on Tuesday.

When they arrived, they found the occupants of the house – two adults and a child – had already got out of the two-storey property.

The fire had started after a dehumidifier caught fire in the property’s lounge, badly damaging the room and causing smoke damage elsewhere.

The family were given initial treatment by firefighters then checked over by paramedics.