A special bus is preparing to hit the road later this month to offer people health MOTs.
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust’s ‘Health Check Bus’ will be travelling to five borough locations between Monday, August 19, and Friday, August 23.
The trust is working with Pfizer Limited to offer a free health check including blood pressure, cholesterol, BMI and carbon monoxide.
Residents can find out how to make some lifestyle changes, such as eating more healthily, increasing activity levels, reducing alcohol intake or stopping smoking.
Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, the bus will be at:
• Asda, Hadrian Road, Wallsend, on August 19;
• Asda, Whitley Road, Benton, on August 20;
• Tesco, Norham Road, North Shields, on August 21;
• Aldi, Tynemouth Road, Howdon, on August 22;
• Beacon Centre, Bedford Street, North Shields, on August 23.
Patrick Price, senior manager for public health at the trust, said: “We’re taking the bus into the community to reach as many people as possible, encouraging them to improve their health and wellbeing with the team’s support”