Organisations have joined forces to make sure the public enjoy a safer Bonfire Night.
In the run up to November 5, North Tyneside Council is cracking down on illegal bonfires and anti-social behaviour with help from Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service and Northumbria Police.
Last year a record amount of material was removed from the borough during the campaign, preventing 28 illegal bonfires.
Coun John Harrison, cabinet member for the environment, said: “Keeping our residents safe is one of our top priorities.
“As part of the scheme, we’re also visiting schools with Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service to highlight potential dangers associated with Guy Fawkes’ Night.”
District manager for North Tyneside Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service, Phil Clark, said: “This is one of the busiest times of the year for the emergency services.
“Bonfires and fireworks can cause devastating injuries, even if you are careful.”
Chief Inspector Steve Readdie, of North Tyneside Area Command, added: “We want people to enjoy a safe Bonfire Night. With that in mind, we’d encourage people to go along to an organised display.”
“Any illegal bonfires will be removed. Not only is it against the law, they also pose a safety risk to the general public, homes, businesses and vehicles.
“We will have officers on patrol in the run up to Bonfire Night and during the night itself to minimise any crime and disorder and make sure it’s a safe and enjoyable time for everyone.”