Woman suffers smoke inhalation in fire

Firefighters during a training exercise.
Firefighters during a training exercise.

A WOMAN was treated with oxygen after escaping a house fire in Shiremoor shortly after midnight on Tuesday.

The woman suffered slight smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene in Horton Avenue, while the other occupants were unharmed.

Fire fighters were called to the two storey semi-detached home at 0.17am to put out the blaze which started in the kitchen and destroyed a cooker.