A Wallsend church is holding an event to mark the parish’s 150th year.
St Aidan’s RC Church is celebrating the anniversary of the parish being formed in 1865.
The parish began life in the old Rose Inn before it could afford to build its first church, which opened as Our Lady and St Aidan’s Church in Willington Quay in 1907, followed by Holy Cross Church in 1977.
The old church closed in 2004 and activity is now centred around Holy Cross Church, renamed St Aidan’s.
A Victorian-themed family fun day is being held on Saturday, July 18, from 1pm to 4pm, featuring a climbing wall, inflatables, mini waltzer, and more. And the following day the church is holding a Brass Band and Hog Roast, which is a sell out.