Residents are being invited to have their say over how best to provide NHS urgent care services.
A consultation is taking place until January 21, 2016, with members of the public invited to submit their views at drop-in events, via email, telephone or in writing.
Dr Shaun Lackey, North Tyneside GP and chairman of the Urgent Care Working Group, said: “At NHS North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group, we are constantly looking to improve healthcare services.
“We recently began a review into urgent care services.
“Hundreds of people have shared their views. We have studied people’s feedback, and considered the best clinical evidence, and developed a number of possible scenarios.
“The next stage is to get people’s views on the different scenarios through the consultation period. I would encourage everyone to have their say and help us to shape services for the future.”
The range of scenarios for the future are these:
• A single North Tyneside Urgent Care Centre based at North Tyneside General Hospital (Rake Lane);
• A single North Tyneside Urgent Care Centre based at Battle Hill;
• A single North Tyneside Urgent Care Centre based at North Tyneside General Hospital (Rake Lane) supported by locally based minor ailments services in the other three areas (Killingworth, Wallsend, Whitley Bay);
• A single North Tyneside Urgent Care Centre based at Battle Hill supported by locally based minor ailments services in the other three areas (Killingworth, North Shields, Whitley Bay).
More information about these options – plus more detailed information about the reasons why change is needed – is available at www.northtynesideccg.nhs.uk.
Drop in consultation events are being held on:
• Wednesday, November 4, from 6pm to 7pm at the Linskill Centre, North Shields;
• Wednesday, November 18, from 10am to 11am at the Oxford Centre, Longbenton;
• Wednesday, December 2, from 6pm to 7pm, Wallsend Customer First Centre;
• Wednesday, December 9, from 10am to 11am, Whitley Bay Customer First Centre.
People can also share their views in writing to NHS North Tyneside CCG, 12 Hedley Court, Orion Business Park, North Shields, NE29 7ST; via email at email@example.com or by phone (0191) 217 2670.
More information is available at www.northtynesideccg.nhs.uk/urgentcare