A commemorative plaque has been installed marking a pivotal airfield during the First World War.
A special unveiling ceremony was held for the plaque to mark the location of Tynemouth Airfield.
The plaque has been installed at the 5th Whitley Bay Scout Group’s headquarters in Links Road, Cullercoats, at the request of the Airfields of Britain Conservation Trust.
Historical records show the unpaved airfield, used by the RAF and RFC for fighter planes and maritime control, was active from December 1916 to March 1919.
The unveiling was conducted at the Scout group’s AGM by the Rev Canon Adrian Hughes, of St George’s Church, Cullercoats, who was joined by RAF veterans and friends of the Scout group John Brunton and Ken Charlton.