The best businesses in North Tyneside are to be celebrated next month.
The annual North Tyneside Business Awards will honour those businesses that have made a contribution to the borough.
A total of 18 businesses have been shortlisted across six categories in the awards, being held on December 1 and organised by the North Tyneside Business Forum.
And one of them will take away the coveted North Tyneside Business of the Year award.
Mayor Norma Redfearn said: “I am looking forward to the awards ceremony in December and celebrating the brilliant contribution that these businesses make to our local economy, our communities and to the people who live and work here.”
Comedian Brendan Healy will host this year’s awards ceremony
Tickets, £45, are on sale for the event, which is being held at The Village Hotel.
The shortlisted businesses in each category are:
• New Business – Whitley Bay Clinic, Red Handbag, Squidgers
• Apprentice Employer – Owen Pugh Group, Greggs, Advanced Industrial Solutions (AIS)
• Social Responsibility – Move it Studios, The Coffee Giant, Olives
• Putting North Tyneside on the Map – Segedunum Roman Fort, Tyne Idols, Northumbria School of English
• Customer Service – Tutti & Co, Tynemouth Priory Theatre, Birth & Baby
• Innovation – Multi Packaging Solutions, VREO, SLiMtel Ltd