Hundreds of residents are expected to pay tribute to men and women who lost their lives serving their country.
Four services are taking place around North Tyneside on Remembrance Sunday (November 8).
Dignitaries, armed forces personnel, members of the public and more are expected to take part in parades and lay wreaths honouring lost servicemen and women.
• In Wallsend, the procession will leave Richardson Street at 10.35am to arrive at the Burn Closes War Memorial for the 11am service.
• Special guests will lead the parade from Queen Alexandra College, Hawkey’s Lane, North Shields, at 10.40am to arrive at the nearby War Memorial for 11am.
• In Benton, a parade will leave the Forest Hall Ex-Servicemen’s Institute at 10.30am, marching along Station Road to St Bartholomew’s Church before a service in the church.
• At 2.30pm, a parade will leave the Royal British Legion, Victoria Terrace, Whitley Bay, and head to the War Memorial on The Links for a service.
• On Wednesday, November 11, a Civic Service of Remembrance will be held at the Post-1945 Jig Saw Memorial at the White Swan Centre in Killingworth at 11am.
Anyone who would like to purchase a wreath or remembrance cross, contact either branch of the Royal British Legion – Forest Hall (0191) 660 2546 or Whitley Bay, North Shields and District (0191) 251 3557.