The route for North Shields FC’s open top bus celebrations has been confirmed.
North Tyneside Council has been in discussions with the football club to celebrate the Robins’ achievement in winning the FA Vase at Wembley last Saturday.
After announcing earlier in the week of the plans for an open top bus parade, the route the bus will take on Friday, May 22, has been confirmed.
The bus will leave North Shields’ ground at 6.30pm, travel to Tynemouth, before taking in much of North Shields and finishing at Chirton Social Club at around 8.30pm.
Thousands of people are expected on the route to cheer on the team and catch a glimpse of the FA Vase.
Mayor Norma Redfearn said: “We are all absolutely over the moon for North Shields FC – what a phenomenal achievement.
“They played so well, showed great passion and determination, and we’re all extremely proud of them.
“Wembley fever has certainly gripped North Tyneside and it’s fantastic to see how much support the team has received. I’d like to thank everyone for really getting behind them.
“I know this much-deserved celebratory event will draw in the crowds and I hope the players enjoy every minute.
“It’s been great to support the team through their Wembley journey and we wish them lots of luck in their future.”
The route is:
• Start: North Shields Football Club, West Percy Street
• Right up Silkey’s Lane and right on to Front Street
• At roundabout turn right to Chirton Green
• Turn left up Hawkeys Lane
• Turn right at Daren Persson Funeral Services down Alexandra Road (past The Alexandra pub)
• On to Trevor Terrace (past The Gunner pub)
• Along Linskill Terrace and King Edward Road (past The Dolphin pub)
• Right on to Manor Road
• Up and down Tynemouth Front Street
• Left on to Allendale Place
• On to Tynemouth Road (past Tynemouth Lodge and The Victoria)
• Left down Stephenson Street
• Left along Charlotte Street and Bird Street
• Right down Brewhouse Bank (past Low Lights Tavern)
• Right along the Fish Quay to Borough Road
• Right at Borough Road
• Right along Saville Street (past The Ballarat, The Mariners, Alnwick Castle and Garricks Head pubs)
• Left up Howard Street to Northumberland Square
• Left at traffic lights on to Albion Road (past Oddfellows)
• Left at Pub and Kitchen on to Church Way
• Right on to West Percy Street
• Right up Sidney Street (past the Terminus Club)
• Left on to Albion Road (past Spring Gardens Pub)
• At bottom of Hawkey’s Lane go around roundabout back to Spring Gardens Pub junction to turn right down Coach Lane
• Right on to Howdon Road
• At The Parks Sports Centre roundabout, left down George Stephenson Way – down to the roundabout and back up
• Right along Howdon Road
• Left up Coach Lane
• At the junction turn left at Spring Gardens pub
• Along Chirton Green on to Billy Mill Avenue
• Left on to Verne Road
• Left down Balkwell Avenue at the Nautilus pub
• Right at the Pineapple pub on to Wallsend Road
• Left on to Waterville Road at Redburn pub
• Left on to Silkey’s Lane past North Shields Football Club
• Finish: Chirton Social Club where a private function will be held by the club.