Dog owners are being warned about the dangers that Easter treats pose to their pets.
Chocolate and hot-cross buns can be dangerous to dogs, so owners are being encouraged to keep wrappers and egg boxes out of reach from their pooches.
A statement from Alnorthumbria Vets, which has practices around Northumberland, said: 'Easter is the busiest time of year for small animal veterinary surgeons.
'It is known that chocolate can cause issues with the heart, kidneys and central nervous systems if ingested by dogs.
'Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include vomiting, diarrhoea, breathlessness and seizures, and can occur anywhere between four and 24 hours after ingestion.
'Hot-cross buns are also highly dangerous, as the raisins are toxic and can have very harmful consequences if eaten by pets.
'Please don’t let this be your dog in one of our practices over the weekend. Pets can easily open Easter egg boxes and wrappers so keep them out of reach, and enjoy your Easter weekend.'