Cullercoats hit seven to move top of table

CULLERCOATS Reserves moved to the top of the Tyneside Amateur League division one table with a 7-0 defeat of FoWS Diggers, with Andy McVay helping himself to a hat-trick.

James Ridley, James Ritson, Scott Andrews and Stephen Moat joined him on the scoresheet.

A five-star performance from Johnny Storey helped Lindisfarne Athletic to an impressive 7-4 success over Winlaton The Queens Head at the Rising Sun.

Storey went nap, with Peter Lowery and Grant Richardson also netting for Lindy. Craig Lowdon (2), Dean Hall and Mark Waugh replied for Queens.

Heaton Rifles picked up their first league win of the season, triumphing by the odd goal in seven at Chemfica Reserves.

Kevin Moore’s hat-trick wasn’t enough for the home side, with Rifles prevailing thanks to braces from Dominic Hall and Aban Thamasebi.

West Jesmond recovered from last week’s defeat to beat ten-man Gosforth Bohemians Reserves 2-1. Stuart Davidson and Dan Turnbull scored for Jesmond, Lachlan Naisby for Bohs.

New York meanwhile sealed their route into round two of the Neville Cowey Cup with a 5-1 win over Stobswood Welfare.

Steven Craig, Danny Henderson, Billy Simmons and a brace from Paul Noon saw New York through, with the Stobswood consolation strike from Stephen Tweddle.

Chopwell continued their unbeaten start to the season with a 6-0 success at Dunston Holmeside Amateurs Reserves, thanks to goals from Craig Foster, Irving Ruddick, Derek Waters, a pair from Andrew Sager and an own goal.

North Shields Athletic Reserves picked up their first victory in the league, 5-3 at Newcastle Medicals.

James Cow, Anthony Skipsey and Alan Turrell were among the scorers for Shields, with Jimmy Bell and Ross Brown (2) netting for Medicals.

Kenton Bar Community returned from Ponteland United Reserves with a point after a 3-3 draw.

Jamie Esson and Daniel Gallagher (2) netted for Pont, but Kenton Bar earned a share of the spoils through Jordan O’Neill, Grant Rafferty and Wayne Stobbs.

Gosforth Bohemians A meanwhile had a 2-1 success at Newcastle East End.