Morien hat-trick earns Town derby win in Alliance

Malcolm Morien had his shooting boots on and claimed a hat-trick in Blyth Town’s seven-goal drubbing of Seaton Delaval in the Northern Alliance premier division.

Daniel Beresford added two more with Scott Pocklington and Chris Lyle also crashing in.

Michael Fenwick and Michael Scott’s strikes proved scant consolation for Delaval.

Meanwhile Ashington Colliers went down 2-0 at Carlisle City.

A close range Stuart Kilgour header and a Peter Ferris volley gave the Cumbrians the points.

And Shankhouse suffered their first defeat of the season as they went down 3-2 against Wallsend Town.

Strikes from Paul Mills (2) and Hugh Donnison put Wallsend in control, and despite two lates goals from a Lee Gustard penalty and Alan Lodge shot, Shankhouse were beaten.

Killingworth Station extended their winning run at the top to five games as Liam Callaghan took advantage of a defensive mix-up to roll in the winner with just five minutes to go at Hebburn Reyrolle, who also missed a penalty.

Whitley Bay A’s Andrew Robertson netted his eighth of the season against Northbank before Gav Hattrick added two more late in the game.

Rutherford led Stocksfield with goals from Sam Moore and James Keelan, who was delighted to net against his former club on his 31st birthday. The Griffins hit back as Ben Pearson grabbed a double, but Rutherford won it in the 75th minute courtesy of Sean Wilkinson’s thunderbolt 25 yard free kick.

Walker Central left it late to take the three points at Wallington with Phil McCoy firing home in the last minute. They had gone in front when the unlucky Ben Fenwick put into his own net, but Josh Gilmartin levelled.

In division one, Cramlington Town’s Adam Shanks fired in a double at Gosforth Bohs, with Marc Nixon grabbing the other and Andrew Dalton netting twice in reply in a 3-2 win for Town.

Goals from Kevin Rainbow and Ross MacKay for Bedlington Terriers Reserves were cancelled out by strikes from Shaun Todhunter and Damien Stevens for Birtley Saint Josephs.

Lee Waugh netted a hat-trick for New Fordley in their good win at North Shields Athletic, who had Max Zaborors on target.

Ponteland United claimed their first win of the season as they hit Forest Hall for six. Craig Cook (2), Michael Rankin, Liam Anderson, Andrew Davidson and Thomas Skidmore were all celebrating, with Dominic Shanley scoring at the other end.

Steve McLaughlin’s double ensured that Newcastle Chemfica Independent maintained their 100 per cent record at the top of division one, with Ryan Davenport pulling one back for Gateshead Redheugh.

Goals from Scott Andrews and Steve Moat handed Cullercoats victory over Wooler.

Andrew Breheny’s brace and a single strike from Andrew Bruce handed Willington Quay Saints the points against Hexham, who replied through Alistair Davison.

David Hetherington struck seven minutes from time as Longbenton came from behind at AFC Newbiggin to leapfrog them to the top of division two.

Michael Angus’s lob put the Seasiders ahead, but Chris Sword netted the equaliser for the Bulls.

Cramlington United celebrated their first win of the season as Daniel Gray, Mark Nicholson and Ben Jobson fired in without reply at struggling Wideopen.

Gateshead Leam Rangers kept pace with the leaders with a double from Louis Meach edging out High Howdon in a five-goal thriller. Liam Grant got the other with Howdon’s goals coming from Jason Walsh and Lee Turnbull.

Although Ross Taylor struck twice for Swalwell, goals from Chris Thompson (2) and Ben Sullivan saw Newcastle Benfield Reserves take all three points.

Nathan Lowdon, Dwayne Murray and John Morgan netted for Grainger Park as they saw off West Allotment Celtic A, who grabbed a reply through Joseph Monaghan.

Kevin Regan hit the only goal of the game for Chopwell at Blyth Isabella.

Alnwick Town Reserves’ Colin Bickerton hit the back of the net at both ends in an entertaining draw with Whitburn. Kenny Collins and Stephen Hogg hit the others for Town, with Nolan and Mann punching the air for the visitors.

Wallsend Boys Club were reduced to ten men at Seaton Burn but dug in for a valuable point.